Melissa Lodge B.Ost, MScPO Registered Osteopath
I have always been fascinated with the human body and found osteopathy invaluable when recovering from various sports injuries, as a teenager and young adult, prompting my decision to train as an Osteopath.
- Bachelor of Osteopathy with Distinction, British School of Osteopathy (2004)
- Diploma in Classical Osteopathy (2006)
- Masters of Science in Paediatric Osteopathy (2010)
- General Osteopathic Council: https://www.osteopathy.org.uk
- Member of the Institute of Osteopathy: https://www.iosteopathy.org
- Alumni member of the Foundation for Paediatric Osteopathy: http://www.fpo.org.uk
Working with children has always been a strong focus point for me, but my interest and passion grew after having two children of my own and experiencing pregnancy, childbirth and child rearing.
During 2 years of paediatric training, I was privileged to work with some of the most experienced Paediatric Osteopaths in the UK at a registered charity; the Osteopathic Centre for Children. I also have experience of working with premature babies in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and the Children’s Ward, at both North Middlesex and Barnet Hospitals in London, as part of the ‘Flying Osteopaths’ team with the Foundation for Paediatric Osteopathy (FPO) https://www.fpo.org.uk
Exercise plays an important role in rehabilitation, as well as healthy movement during daily life. I am well read in this area and have lots of experience including 14 years of personal Yoga Practice.
“Her calming nature and incredible skills, will have a positive effect on all ages”